ATA troubles

Andrea Venturoli ml at
Mon Jul 25 13:13:01 UTC 2011

On 07/25/11 16:03, perryh at wrote:

> I fixed a similar problem -- involving a VIA 6421 controller --
> a while back, by using atacontrol(8) to reduce the DMA speed
> from UDMA133 to UDMA100.  Evidently it is possible, under some
> circumstances, for a device and controller to negotiate a speed
> that's too high to actually work :(

I checked and it was already set at UDMA100; I tried UDMA66, but nothing 
I don't know if this is really effective with SATA...

  bye & Thanks

More information about the freebsd-questions mailing list