Android (Re: 2020: Will BSD and Linux be relevant anymore?)

Matthias Apitz guru at unixarea.de
Sun Jul 24 07:48:56 UTC 2011

El día Sunday, July 24, 2011 a las 06:41:57AM -0700, perryh at pluto.rain.com escribió:

> Chad Perrin <perrin at apotheon.com> wrote:
>
> > If Android actually exposed more of the Linux underpinnings
> > it might be somewhat useful to me ...
>
> There _is_ a development kit.  I have no idea what-all is involved
> in setting it up, but if someone were sufficiently motivated it
> would presumably be possible to develop an app to provide access
> to bash (and thence any other desired command-line tools).

Why do you want to use the closed Android if there is an OpenSource,
Linux based cellphone, having shell, X11, GPS, GPRS, Wifi, USB ethernet,
x11vnc, ... etc.

http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Main_Page
http://www.unixarea.de/openmoko.txt

HIH

	matthias
--
Matthias Apitz
t +49-89-61308 351 - f +49-89-61308 399 - m +49-170-4527211