Sendmail not accepting connections on port 25

Bill Tillman btillman99 at yahoo.com
Sat Jul 23 20:51:17 UTC 2011

--- On Thu, 7/21/11, Bernt Hansson <bah at bananmonarki.se> wrote:

From: Bernt Hansson <bah at bananmonarki.se>
Subject: Re: Sendmail not accepting connections on port 25
To: "ssgriffonuser" <ssgriffonuser at gmail.com>
Cc: freebsd-questions at freebsd.org
Date: Thursday, July 21, 2011, 3:31 AM

2011-07-20 06:24, ssgriffonuser skrev:

> I still can't telnet in from an external network.

To me, that sounds like your external network might be blocking outgoing traffic on port 25.

Can you connect to any other mailservers on port 25?

%telnet gmail-smtp-in.l.google.com 25
Trying 74.125.77.27...
telnet: connect to address 74.125.77.27: Connection refused
telnet: Unable to connect to remote host

My isp is blocking outgoing traffic on port 25.