virtualbox 4.0

Jamie Paul Griffin jpg at gnix.co.uk
Thu Jul 21 17:11:56 UTC 2011

On Thu, Jul 21, 2011 at 07:38:23AM -0600, Warren Block wrote:

> Recent versions of VirtualBox claim to be able to run a 64-bit VM on a
> 32-bit host if the host CPU is 64-bit and has hardware virtualization
> support: http://forums.virtualbox.org/viewtopic.php?p=33940
> (search for "64-bit guest")

> So far I've only seen guest kernel panics when booting the kernel on an
> E8400 i386 FreeBSD host.

I was using VB in a set-up like that up until a few weeks ago. I worked well I have to say but I couldn't get a full screen and in the end I installed dual-boot instead. This was with Win7(32bit) as the host, FreeBSD(64bit) as guest. I didn't try FreeBSD as host because I read that it's lacking USB support for the moment.