em0 NIC slow on 8.2-p1 amd64?

Peter Harrison four.harrisons at googlemail.com
Thu Jul 21 16:52:53 UTC 2011

Sorry for top posting. My 'phone makes it awkward.

I use ndis for the wifi connection in my netbook. Was trivial to convert the Windows driver, and it works without issue.

Anyone know whether it could do 'N' class devices, to address Jerry's longstanding (and vocal, and justified) complaint - so that we can have an argument about why I'd rather configure my wireless manually in a text file and not have it done automagically by the OS and not be side-tracked by the non-availability of drivers?

--
Peter Harrison
www.4harrisons.blogspot.com