2020: Will BSD and Linux be relevant anymore?

David Jackson djackson452 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 20 21:45:51 UTC 2011

upgradability is not just about about ram and hard drives. But i would beg
to differ that people dont want to add hard drives considering how fast they
can be filled with movies, or they wouldnt want to use their old hard drives
on a newer system considering how much data is on the older hard drive.

but you also have scanners, cameras, joysticks, capture devices for video,
and so on that many common users love to use. A lot of people use computers
for writing, home and office business work, and gaming, and given the choice
between a 3" screen and a 20" screen, you want a 20" screen. Even facebook
is better on a 20" screen.

I stand by what i said, mobile is great for use on a subway, but when you
get home, you really want a nice 20" screen to work on, and the bigger hard
drive and faster CPU.

I do want FreeBSD on both my handheld and the desktop. Now, notice its very
difficult to near impossible to change the operating system on handhelds.
Thats one reason I dont like most handhelds made today. They are designed to
control you.