printer - broadband router

Polytropon freebsd at edvax.de
Wed Jul 20 18:49:46 UTC 2011

On Wed, 20 Jul 2011 11:55:02 -0600 (MDT), Warren Block wrote:
> On Wed, 20 Jul 2011, Franci Nabalanci wrote:
>
> > I am so sorry it was my mistake: the printer is HP Business inkjet 3000.
>
> That printer supports PCL and maybe even PostScript.  Make sure it has
> DNS.  Entries in /etc/hosts should be adequate.  Set it with a fixed IP
> address or through DHCP.
>
> The rest is CUPS, which I don't use.

You don't even have to use CUPS. PS is the default
output for printing of _any_ application. In worst
case, use gs as a simple filter that outputs PCL.
Entry in /etc/printcap & done. (But also CUPS can
generate PCL and direct it to a printer name that
refers to the IP of the printer.)

--
Polytropon
Magdeburg, Germany