Lennart Poettering: BSD Isn't Relevant Anymore

Devin Teske dteske at vicor.com
Mon Jul 18 23:54:38 UTC 2011

I'm with you man! That's over 10% of the current national debt ceiling!

Yet, I you and I still have co-workers that continue to claim that BSD is a toy and indeed irrelevant; even when faced with CARP, HAST, Jails, ZFS, and other great features that don't exist on any other operating system.

I say to Mr. Poettering and our similarly-hethenistic brethren that:
Just because BSD isn't relevant to you, surely you are irrelevant to BSD.
...and...
Don't you worry your pretty little head about the nasty (and totally irrelevant) BSD [[tounge in cheek]]. That beastie won't bother you any more ** until it's time to overtake your market share (muahaha).
--
Devin