Does 8.2 support USB 3.0?
freebsd at penx.com
Mon Jul 18 21:53:39 UTC 2011
Sounds like a stupid question to me but I have three motherboards that
aren't happy with USB 3.0 regardless of settings, including:
* Gigabyte EX58-UD5,
* ASUS Rampage III Extreme, and
* ASUS Crosshair V Formula.
"Happy" means a variety of things:
* Sometimes it doesn't like my USB 3.0 sticks,
* Sometimes it doesn't like my USB 2.0 sticks plugged
into a 3.0 slot, and
* Sometimes it does and does not like my mouse or
keyboard plugged into the port.
On the keyboard front, my Crosshair sees the keyboard before I start kdm4
but ignores input once started. However, if I hit Ctl-Alt-F1 the usual
thing happens. It refuses to aknowledge the mouse but I haven't yet tried
On the Gigabyte and the Crosshair I have ahci loaded, which works BTW.
However, any problem with the Gigabyte precedes ahci.
More information about the freebsd-questions