Lennart Poettering: BSD Isn't Relevant Anymore

"C. Bergström" cbergstrom at pathscale.com
Mon Jul 18 11:55:33 UTC 2011

  On 07/18/11 06:30 PM, Jerry wrote:
> I suggested several years ago, and I will re-suggest that FreeBSD start
> a program that would allow programmers to be paid to write code that
> either the regular contributors do not want to write or are not capable
> of writing.
Like a bounties page?

(If such a thing doesn't currently exist it would be a good idea for
someone to start one)  In my experience though they generally don't get
a lot of attention and you're maybe better off on a case-by-case basis
approaching a developer you know that could do the work for you.

Is there a company that produces a commercially supported version of
FreeBSD that also actively contributes back and doesn't keep anything
closed?  (ixsystems is about as close as I can think to such a thing.
Sorry if this is really obvious, but I don't track this space so closely)