boting straight into firefox

Joshua Isom jrisom at gmail.com
Fri Jul 15 16:06:45 UTC 2011

On 7/15/2011 10:20 AM, Chad Perrin wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 15, 2011 at 07:38:19AM +0200, Polytropon wrote:
>>
>> But "firefox -help" doesn't show parameters for positioning,
>> and also by pressing PF11 for "interactively entered fullscreen
>> mode", the navigational elements keep being present. But
>> maybe there's something you can do by configuration file,
>> so getting rid of navigational bars should be possible too.
>
> Firefox has preferences that can be set to eliminate any unwanted
> toolbars, though I do not know off the top of my head of a means of
> making it impossible for a user to change the preferences back.

Make the preference file read only, and after firefox has been used a
while, restart it.

If you go to 'about:config' you can see everything that's configurable.
  It won't all be documented, but you might find the tweaks you need.
Use something like evilwm, or another minimalist window manager will
help with positioning.