can't build teTeX port in FreeBSD 8.2 amd64

Antonio Olivares olivares14031 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 15 14:33:46 UTC 2011

>> > I hoped for a true native port for TeXLive
>>
>> I can't see that it's really necessary. I remember difficulties with the 2009 release when FreeBSD binaries were not included but now they are the installation is headache-free.
>>

> What exactly is missing from teTeX?

Try this, get the source for a free college Algebra Book:

http://www.stitz-zeager.com/Precalculus/Stitz_Zeager_Open_Source_Precalculus_files/SZPreCalc07152011SourceCode.zip

Use this script to generate the book:

name it genAlgTrigBook
chmod +x genAlgTrigBook
and run
$ ./genAlgTrigBook
with in the SZPreCalc0715201 folder after extracting the zip file with
command unzip SZPreCalc07152011SourceCode.zip

#!/bin/sh

# change JPG to jpg since *nix systems are case sensitive
for i in `find . -name "*JPG"`
 do
 mv "$i" "$(echo $i|sed 's/JPG/jpg/g')"
 done
sleep 5;
pdflatex AlgTrigBook.tex -interaction=nonstop
sleep 2;
for i in *.mp
   do
      mpost $i
   done
sleep 5;
pdflatex AlgTrigBook.tex -interaction=nonstop
sleep 5;
makeindex AlgTrigBook
sleep 5;
pdflatex AlgTrigBook.tex -interaction=nonstop

Can you fully compile the book without errors?

Let us know and if you can without adding a bunch of *.sty files then
I rest my case.

*For general small stuff it is OK, but for big projects one is really
limited :(  *

Regards,

Antonio