boting straight into firefox

Polytropon freebsd at edvax.de
Fri Jul 15 05:38:22 UTC 2011

On Fri, 15 Jul 2011 01:30:32 -0400, Aryeh Friedman wrote:
> >> I wonder, though . . . why Firefox?  Would a more minimal (but still GUI)
> >> browser -- such as Surf, perhaps -- serve your needs better?
> >
> > Maybe it's worth considering that in case the menu bar,
> > navigation bar and all the other (mostly nonsense) bars
> > of web browsers are not needed for the purpose described
> > above.
>
> It is a client requirement.    The client is replacing a windows based
> solution with FreeBSD and for what ever reasons all the sites that
> need to be displayed are specific to ff (the use features only found
> in it or IE 9).

Okay, understandable. In this case your choice is limited,
but that shouldn't be a big problem. Just see how firefox
can be brought into fullscreen mode, either by one of its
own options, or by using the generic -geometry option as
shown in the "dillo" example.

	firefox -width 1024 -height 768

But "firefox -help" doesn't show parameters for positioning,
and also by pressing PF11 for "interactively entered fullscreen
mode", the navigational elements keep being present. But
maybe there's something you can do by configuration file,
so getting rid of navigational bars should be possible too.

--
Polytropon
Magdeburg, Germany