OCI support in PHP is dead

Victor Sudakov sudakov at sibptus.tomsk.ru
Thu Jul 14 07:16:06 UTC 2011

Dear Colleagues,

The databases/php5-oci8 port exists no more, and databases/php52-oci8
is marked as vulnerable.

According to
http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/cvsweb.cgi/ports/lang/php5/Makefile.ext#rev1.71
and

./configure --with-oci8=/usr/local/oracle8-client/
[dd]
checking Oracle ORACLE_HOME install directory...  /usr/local/oracle8-client/
checking ORACLE_HOME library validity... lib
checking Oracle version... 8.1
configure: error: Oracle client libraries < 9.2 are not supported

there is very little hope. Should I migrate the intranet sites to
Linux/Solaris or what?  Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Do you perhaps know of some broker I could install to the Oracle
servers to continue running PHP+Oracle client on FreeBSD?

Does anyone run Oracle client on FreeBSD? What is your view of the
future?

--
Victor Sudakov,  VAS4-RIPE, VAS47-RIPN
sip:sudakov at sibptus.tomsk.ru