atheros 9285 wifi

freebsd-questions at herveybayaustralia.com.au freebsd-questions at herveybayaustralia.com.au
Thu Jul 14 01:27:46 UTC 2011

On Thu 14/07/11 11:15 AM , Chip Camden  wrote:Quoth  on Thursday, 14
July 2011:

 > Sorry, I hate to come to the list with such a stupid question. I
 > followed up a thread from a couple of months ago regarding this
 > chipset which is not fully supported yet- hardware resetting
errors-
 > and I'm trying to work out how to build this driver from head.
 > Unfortunately, when I run the cvs commands suggested it can't seem
 > find it, and I'm wondering exactly what I'm missing.
 >
 > Network drops all the time, and won't handle any load, so assuming
 > only have amd64-8.2 base system utilities:
 >
 > CVSROOT=pserver::/home/ncvs
 >
 > cvs login
 >
 > cvs co ath
 >
 > cvs co ath_pci
 >
 > And downloading modules list doesn't show ath, if_ath, ath_pci, or
 > anything with ath in it that is remotely related.
 > As I understand it, cvs should be pulling from head by default
right?
 > So what am I missing? Or alternatively, how do I fix this wifi
card-
 > rebooting every time it drops is a PITA! :)
 > Cheers

 FWIW my ath 9285 is working fine on 8.2-STABLE.
 I'm running release, though. I'm not exactly cvs proficient, I prefer
subversion- just installing it is a PITA atm- so how do I bring in the
stable version of the driver?
I'm assuming also, then, that I will have to recompile my kernel won't
I? Any particular reason why ath is not a loadable module?
Message sent via Atmail Open - http://atmail.org/

Links:
------
[3] http://webmail.unitedinsong.com.au/parse.php?redirect=<a href=