Heavy I/O blocks FreeBSD box for several seconds

Arnaud Lacombe lacombar at gmail.com
Thu Jul 7 04:08:02 UTC 2011

Hi,

On Wed, Jul 6, 2011 at 10:39 PM, Adrian Chadd <adrian at freebsd.org> wrote:
> On 7 July 2011 09:51, Steve Kargl <sgk at troutmask.apl.washington.edu> wrote:
>> On Thu, Jul 07, 2011 at 09:17:51AM +0800, Adrian Chadd wrote:
>>> Offer a bounty for getting it fixed?
>>>

>> steve == ENOMONEY && jeffr == ENOTIME
>>
>> And, 4BSD works.
>
> I meant it as a more general observation.
>
> If something doesn't work as needed, consider either diving in to fix
> it, or offering a bounty to someone to do so.

What would be the point to even start looking at an issue? You guys
(by "you", I mean "official" committers on public list) don't care
about people providing patches, might it be for trivial, obvious,
fixes. I'm not even talking about complex patches ... When you
eventually ends up providing a patch, you ends up being slammed a door
at by maintainers asserting their code is perfect, until logic and
user complaints prove them wrong.

That said, this comment is off-topic, but I will certainly re-state
this next month when I'll be ping'ing trivial patches.

 - Arnaud