the alternative function for inet_aton

C. P. Ghost cpghost at cordula.ws
Tue Jul 5 08:54:15 UTC 2011

On Mon, Jul 4, 2011 at 8:05 PM, ahmad javadi
<seyyedahmad.javadi at gmail.com> wrote:
> hi
> I use " inet_aton"  function in the kernel socket programming but i have the
> following warrning:
> "crypto.c:63: warning: implicit declaration of function 'inet_aton'
> crypto.c:63: warning: nested extern declaration of  'inet_aton'
> "
> this function required that "<arpa/inet,h>" be included but this folder did
> not exit in the my freebsd.

There's probably a typo in your #include: replace the "," with a "."
and try again.

On my 8.2-STABLE system, /usr/include/arpa/inet.h exists,
and defines inet_aton() just fine:

% grep 'inet_aton' /usr/include/arpa/inet.h
#define inet_aton               __inet_aton
int              inet_aton(const char *, struct in_addr *);

> Please help me to find solution or to use alternative function.
> thanks

-cpghost.

--
Cordula's Web. http://www.cordula.ws/