Horde webmail

Jack L. Stone jacks at sage-american.com
Fri Jul 1 14:19:27 UTC 2011

At 10:35 AM 6/30/2011 -0800, Beech Rintoul wrote:
>On Thursday 30 June 2011 09:19:33 Jack L. Stone wrote:
>> Has anyone had any luck lately with installation and use of Horde -- either
>> v-3.3 or ver-4 ??
>>
>> I've tried for days to get the 3.3 version (with apps IMP, INGO & Tuba) to
>> work and noted that the ports say that horde4 is broken. I've googled many
>> times and tried some examples from there, but most appear pretty old and
>> not running with php5.3x.
>>
>> Is it just that Horde doesn't work with fbsd-7.x and php5.3x or is it me?
>>

>I am in the process of rewriting all the horde4 ports, as this is a very
large
>project involving over 50 modules and libs it will take some time.
>
>Horde4 does work very well with FreeBSD and you can do a pear install if you
>really need it now. Do keep in mind that horde4 is not backwards compatible
>with 3.x and the update procedures are not trivial.
>
>That being said, this should get you started:
>
>http://www.horde.org/apps/webmail/docs/INSTALL
>
>Beech

Hi Beech:

Since I've never gotten horde 3 to fully work yet, I suppose I could give
horde4 a shot. I liked its potention and thought it would be useful to some
of our users. I re-installed horde-3 3 or 4 times and always got stopped
when it would only loads the Welcome to Horde page requesting a login. I
followed the instructions carefully AFAIK. Login failed every time even
though MySQL backend and the horde conf.php files contained the login.

You certainly have a lot of work in front of you on a rewrite of the ports
and look forward to when finished.

Good luck!

(^_^)
Happy trails,