8.1-release Western Digital My Book Mirror Edition u.s.b. 2.0 drive

leeoliveshackelford at surewest.net leeoliveshackelford at surewest.net
Sat Jan 29 04:42:05 UTC 2011

Good evening, dear FreeBSD enthusiast.  I seem to be flummoxed by the FreeBSD website.  I am trying to discover the list of supported devices for 8.1-release, which I know exists, but I do not seem to be able to find.  In particular, does this version of FreeBSD support a Western Digital My Book Mirror Edition u.s.b. 2.0 external hard drive?  It is a RAID-1 drive, although I have not been able to determine if the RAID is created in software or hardware.  If 8.1-release does not support this device, what is the most similar u.s.b. RAID drive that it does support, if any?  Any suggestions or comments would be appreciated.  Thank you in advance.  L e e O l i v e S h a c k e l f o r d AT S u r e W e s t DOT n e t.