Problem building GIMP 2.6.11 on 8.2-PRERELEASE

Chris Brennan xaero at xaerolimit.net
Thu Jan 27 17:04:16 UTC 2011

On Thu, Jan 27, 2011 at 11:55 AM, William Bulley <web at umich.edu> wrote:

> You mention gmake, yet I use "# make install" all the time.  Is this
> really gmake under the covers?  I see both executables and they differ:

gmake is GNU Make, some applications don't talk nice w/ bsdmake ('make' on
your bsd system). If your installing GIMP from ports then you should be
correctly using something like 'make install clean'. The only time I've
invoked gmake was when building something by hand vs letting a ports
makefile do the footwork for me.