need help with bind; either the originial, or the new

Gary Kline kline at thought.org
Mon Jan 24 16:59:17 UTC 2011

release.
X-Of_Interest: With  24 years  of service to the  Unix community.

	Guys,

	I need some feedback from those DNS wizards onlist.  The trouble
	I've been having has to do with bind/named.

	My server failed when the old bind9 reached its end-of-life.
	Thr new bind97 is not a drop-in replacement and from the
	troubles I See in my /var/log/messages, I don't understand
	why things are suddenly breaking.

	Can I go back to the original, builtin bind in /contrib?  Else,
	how can I go to the dns/bind9 that has worked for years?

	thanks for any insights,

	gary

           Journey Toward the Dawn, E-Book: http://www.thought.org
          The 7.97a release of Jottings: http://jottings.thought.org