missing uwacom.ko

Chad Perrin perrin at apotheon.com
Sun Jan 23 21:17:11 UTC 2011

On Mon, Jan 24, 2011 at 12:04:10AM +0300, Peter Vereshagin wrote:

> I used to drop my wacom problems here.
> Last time I've seen no uwacom.ko in /boot/modules was because of /boot was on a
> read-only mounted volume.

The /boot directory is on the / partition, with 755 permissions at
present.

> Aother kind of my problem is: http://www.FreeBSD.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=151596
> Anyway, my best result for my wacom is with 7.3-release ports.tgz. I have a
> separate chroot for my Xorg-6.5 server and my X11 clients use TCP to connect to
> it.
> Let's see your problem by points:
> 1. Broken port. Is there any explanation why it's broken? anyway, there should
> be the way to override this although this may may not be a solution depending
> on the reason for port to be broken.

I haven't looked into this in too much depth yet.  The error message just
says it's marked as broken, though.

> 2. No uwacom.ko. Are you sure that it doesn't exist in your input-wacom/work
> directory when you successfully built the port?

I didn't build the port.  It got installed as part of the OS install
process, which surprised the heck out of me.  I wonder if I accidentally
selected something I did not intend to install when I was selecting what
sources to include.

In any case, after building the locate database, no uwacom shows up in
the system at all.

> 3. You may note that ums(4) compiled into GENERIC statically, should not be
> present in your kernel before you try to kldload uwacom
> http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-questions/2009-January/189857.html

I'm not sure this makes any difference when there's no wacom kernel
module at all.