upgrading a dozen of servers from 7.0 to 8.1

Ivan Voras ivoras at freebsd.org
Fri Jan 21 16:08:24 UTC 2011

On 21/01/2011 14:54, Radomskiy Yuriy wrote:

> how can upgrading to apache 2.2 + php5.3 be done with minimal downtime?

That's the more important question. I think that upgrading the
configuration of your software will take more time than upgrading FreeBSD.

For example: apache22 port has a different (and better) configuration
file structure than 2.0, and some web application still don't work with
php 5.3.

If you know reasonably good enough how FreeBSD works, I don't think you
will have trouble with that part of the upgrade (especially if you have
a remote KVM or other console access).