no apache22, php5 cores

Chris Brennan xaero at xaerolimit.net
Fri Jan 21 05:31:50 UTC 2011

On Thu, Jan 20, 2011 at 8:24 PM, Gary Kline <kline at thought.org> wrote:

>         Ouch:: I think the reason for the dropped streams is that I'm
>        rebuilding ports on my server.  I'll try again in a day or so when
> my
>        upgrades have finished.  --I only have 1Mb down.   Can't do
> everything
>        at once.
>
>        rats!

Gary,
 A logical conclusion, your stream plus ports pulling packages as needed
would cause a bottleneck. I missed the e-mail about your DNS, are you
running a full DNS setup locally? If you are, I'll share my configs off-list
for you to look at and see if there might be any improvements. (I'm actually
running a full nameserver locally, dnsing 192.168.0.0 just so I could learn,
works quite well for that and it acts as my local cache-server. Let me know

C-