rescue cd with networkign and ssh!

Devin Teske dteske at vicor.com
Thu Jan 20 19:24:49 UTC 2011

On Thu, 2011-01-20 at 13:53 +0000, Paul Macdonald wrote:
> Hi,
>
> can any recommend a live cd (any distro) that will mount ufs and has
> networking+sshd.

How about DruidBSD? http://druidbsd.sf.net/

Bullet Points:
- ISO is 24MB
- Contains over 150 standard (and some non-standard) BSD utilities
- Runs entirely from memory
- Is based on FreeBSD-8.1
- Includes the tmpfs kernel module (should you need to allocate more
disk space from RAM)
- Works from optical media (CD/DVD) and USB flash drives
- Utilizes crunchgen to maintain tiny footprint
- Designed to be a fully-operational FreeBSD distribution for embedded
devices but doubles as an amazing rescue-disc
- Graphical boot-loader

Full Disclosure: I'm the author.

Quick-steps:

1. Download either DruidBSD-X.Y.iso (24MB) or Druid-X.Y.iso (same as
former, but adds valuable diagnostic utilities such as windiag, memtest,
seatools, dban, and killdisk; 32MB).

2. Burn to optical media _or_ use dd(1) to write directly to thumb drive
_or_ load it directly into a VMware virtual machine's virtual-CDROM.

3. Boot. That's it.

NOTE: If http://druidbsd.sf.net/ doesn't load for you, try instead
http://druidbsd.sourceforge.net/ (the former produces a 302-redirect to
the latter which may not be followed by all HTTP clients).

--
Cheers,
Devin Teske

-> CONTACT INFORMATION <-
Business Solutions Consultant II
FIS - fisglobal.com
510-735-5650 Mobile
510-621-2038 Office
510-621-2020 Office Fax
909-477-4578 Home/Fax
devin.teske at fisglobal.com

-> LEGAL DISCLAIMER <-
This message  contains confidential  and proprietary  information
of the sender,  and is intended only for the person(s) to whom it
is addressed. Any use, distribution, copying or disclosure by any
other person  is strictly prohibited.  If you have  received this
message in error,  please notify  the e-mail sender  immediately,
and delete the original message without making a copy.

-> FUN STUFF <-
http://www.geekcode.com/

-> END TRANSMISSION <-