problems mounting android htc

Vrachnis Ilias Dimitrios vrachil at gmail.com
Mon Jan 17 11:18:28 UTC 2011

On Jan 16, 2011, at 5:56 PM, Patrick Lamaiziere wrote:

> Le Sun, 16 Jan 2011 09:41:06 -0500,
> Aryeh Friedman <aryeh.friedman at gmail.com> a écrit :
>
>> My situtation is a little different I am a developer hired to do some
>> work on the android but have never done *ANY* mobile programming so
>> starting from square on from essencially yesterday
>
> I think you have to use the android SDK to access the phone in
> "developer mode".
>
> There is a porting effort for the SDK on FreeBSD:
> http://bsdroid.org/tiki-index.php
>
> I have not try it.
>
> Regards.

I did try the method described in the bsdroid wiki and i can say that
it works. The adb that is.
The adt plugin for eclipse requires some java libraries and i cannot
find them.
Nonetheless, there is an android plugin for the netbeans ide that i
can confirm that works under freebsd.

As for mounting the phone's sd card, it is not required for developing.
If you still want to mount it, you have to enable it from the phone
first:

You pull down the notification bar on the top, and click on the
notification that says that USB is connected.
- If you are not running HTC Sense, there are two notifications
related to usb. The one you are looking for is not the notification
that mentions the usb debugging, but the mass storage one.
- If you are running HTC Sense, there is only one notification. When
you select it, there is a radio-button based menu where you have to
select that you want to enable mass storage. Don't forget to press the
ok/close button on the bottom of the screen for the changes to take
effect.

You can then mount the sd card using mount_msdosfs as Patrick
mentioned in his response earlier.