Which php??

Gary Kline kline at thought.org
Fri Jan 14 18:30:10 UTC 2011

On Thu, Jan 13, 2011 at 09:29:46PM -0600, Robert Bonomi wrote:
> > From owner-freebsd-questions at freebsd.org  Thu Jan 13 21:16:20 2011
> > Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2011 04:10:25 +0100
> > From: Polytropon <freebsd at edvax.de>
> > To: Gary Kline <kline at thought.org>
> > Cc: User Questions <freebsd-questions at freebsd.org>
> > Subject: Re: Which php??
> >
> > On Thu, 13 Jan 2011 18:41:15 -0800, Gary Kline <kline at thought.org> wrote:
> > >  I cut/pasted part of the config page to a yello w notepad.  It
> > >  unfortunately has those unfortunate DOS EOL things with the ^M.
> >
> > There's a simple answer to that waste of disk space (two bytes per line
> > break!):
>
> Correct accounting is 'one _excess_ byte per line break'.
> >
> >  recode cp437..iso8859 <filename>
>
> no need to install the port/package --
>
>    tr -d '\r' <dosfile >unixfile
>
> does the trick, with just a base install utility.

	Sure.  I have that trick in my ~/.HowTo file.  I also have a
	small program that converts every EOL to any other EOL.  It is
	call cvt.  This conflicts with another base utility named
	install, so what is a good shell script that would capture every
	file in every subdir?

	Maybe  /bin/sh pointed at

	some loop:
	find . -type f * print;
       tr -d '\r' <dosfile >/tmp/unixfile
	   mv /tmp/unixfile ./dosfile;

	IM _NSH_ Opinion, whoever threw in this wordpress port could have
	done this for us.......

           Journey Toward the Dawn, E-Book: http://www.thought.org
          The 7.97a release of Jottings: http://jottings.thought.org