Which php??

Gary Kline kline at thought.org
Fri Jan 14 17:56:42 UTC 2011

On Fri, Jan 14, 2011 at 07:50:11AM -0800, Chip Camden wrote:
> Quoth Gary Kline on Thursday, 13 January 2011:
> >
> > 	I have saved a copy of the original config page and have some
> > 	questions that I'll need for when I write up my readable
> > 	tutorial page.  -----I don't think many of you know that for
> > 	heading toward 7 years, I was the lead writer for a Q/A help page
> > 	for newcomers to FreeBSD.  We all can write; it isn't that
> > 	difficult.  But I spent/wasted 15 years of banging away on a
> > 	typewriter writing stuff and editing stuff before I got
> > 	seriously lucky and discovered computers.   I will need help
> > 	from the rest of the list and readers to make my HOW-TO INSTALL
> > 	WORDPRESS strictly first-rate.  Given that, I should be the last
> > 	person to *ever* invest going into four days on this kind of
> > 	effort.   That said, a straight-up thanks for y'all who have
> > 	helped me with this.-----
> >

> When you get a rough draft done, I'll be glad to walk through it and note
> any issues.  I've been meaning to attempt a WordPress installation on
> FreeBSD for testing purposes (all my live sites are hosted on a managed
> system that came with Apache and PHP already configured).
>
> --
> Sterling (Chip) Camden    | sterling at camdensoftware.com | 2048D/3A978E4F
> http://camdensoftware.com | http://chipsquips.com       | http://chipstips.com

	I'm already making notes,  outlining stuff.  The starting
	point is that the user ALREADY has his own website[s].  It
	occured to me while I was soaking away the pains in my antique
	bones last night that in order to sho wthe BSD user howto host
	his own installation of wordpress _from scratch*, i would need to
	cover mysql, php5, _Plus_ the slew of stuff that has to do with
	apache and DNS .... and the whole truckload of stuff.   Too much.

	(There really is a great wealth of knowledge in us as a group;
	we could create an online self-published how-to book and sell on
	amazon.com ---every penny going to the FBSD Foundation.)

	Still, other than having an up-to-date ports tree; my how-to
	will include things like having the right mysql, php5-mysql,
	and unpacking the wordpress files in the right place.  --Oh,
	and selling up the database stuff too.

	gary

           Journey Toward the Dawn, E-Book: http://www.thought.org
          The 7.97a release of Jottings: http://jottings.thought.org