httpd-modsec2_debug.log: Operation not permitted

perryh at pluto.rain.com perryh at pluto.rain.com
Fri Jan 14 09:01:26 UTC 2011

Chris Brennan <xaero at xaerolimit.net> wrote:

> ... I believe rm (-f) still requires *SOME* free space on a device
> to delete something. That being said, do you have more then 50G
> free elsewhere on the system? Say /home (/usr/home)? If you do, mv
> the file from /var/log to /usr/home. This would effectively delete
> it from /var/log and free up it's space ...

Er, had you considered that mv, when the target and source are on
different filesystems, does a cp followed by an rm?  If rm requires
free space -- which I very much doubt on UFS unless a snapshot
exists -- the rm step of the mv is going to run into exactly the
same problem that the standalone rm runs into.