Which php??

Polytropon freebsd at edvax.de
Fri Jan 14 03:10:28 UTC 2011

On Thu, 13 Jan 2011 18:41:15 -0800, Gary Kline <kline at thought.org> wrote:
> 	I cut/pasted part of the config page to a yello w notepad.  It
> 	unfortunately has those unfortunate DOS EOL things with the ^M.

There's a simple answer to that waste of disk space (two
bytes per line break!):

	recode cp437..iso8859 <filename>

It's also handy for users who have german umlauts in DOS
text files and need to recode them to iso8859-1. (It's also
a nice tool if the conversion is used in opposite order:
This way, UNIX files can be converted to be sent directly
to dotmatrix printers that expect DOS text streams.)

The recode utility can be found in converters/recode port.

--
Polytropon
Magdeburg, Germany