httpd-modsec2_debug.log: Operation not permitted

Polytropon freebsd at edvax.de
Thu Jan 13 22:35:28 UTC 2011

On Thu, 13 Jan 2011 23:08:33 +0100, Swe Gill <swegill at gmail.com> wrote:
> That is the problem. One file sizes upto 50GB and other 3 GB...
>
>  52872944 -rw-rw----   1 root  wheel      50G Jan 13 22:51
> httpd-modsec2_audit.log
>   3320928 -rw-rw----   1 root  wheel     3.2G Jan 13 22:51
> httpd-modsec2_debug.log
>
> I am just standing nowhere to remove the files....
>
> have tried by setting flags, changing modes.... all as a root but no luck
> yet...
>
> Any help?

Is your system running on a raised securelevel maybe? See
in "man security" where this is mentioned, section "SECURING
THE KERNEL CORE, RAW DEVICES, AND FILE SYSTEMS". It seems
that this could cause different behaviour in relation to flags.

I will _not_ advise you to kill the files per inode (fsdb,
clri) because this could cause further filesystem trouble. :-)

--
Polytropon
Magdeburg, Germany