Which php??

Gary Kline kline at thought.org
Tue Jan 11 18:23:45 UTC 2011

On Tue, Jan 11, 2011 at 05:29:12PM +0000, Paul Macdonald wrote:
> On 11/01/2011 16:46, Gary Kline wrote:
> >

> >	So:: are there other ways of installing this stuff?  Should I
> >	cp -rp this wordpress directory in [e.g.]
> >	/usr/local/www/journey?
> >
> >	Thanks for any clues,
> >
> >	gary
> >

> It looks like you have a workign apache2 already.
>
> *For PHP
> *cd /usr/ports/lang/php5
> make config  ( choose apache module)
> make install clean

	Hm.  I did this  late night by going into the makefile and
	editing stuff from off to on.  What's  the  mak e cmd? Is it
	"make config"?

	I first simply did a make install clrean; it did nothing.  Then
	I did a deinstall/reinstall.  I figured THAT should've done
	_something_.

> *PHP5 Extensions
> *(lots to choose from but make sure you have mysql at least selected
> ( you'll need this installed obv for wordpress too )
> cd /usr/ports/lang/php5-extensions
> make config
> make install clean

	This one I have never seen before and may be just the ticket.
	Will try.  ---WOW, there are a boatload of options.        Is
	there any shortlist of ones i need to check?

> in your apache httpd.conf   in the "AddType" section add
>
>         AddType application/x-httpd-php .php
>         AddType application/x-httpd-php-source .phps
>
> In the DirectoryIndex section (or on a new line after it)
> Add this line
> DirectoryIndex index.php index.html index.htm
>
> *Checks
> *On shell do php-v
>
> on a webpage in your webroot  (e.g test.php)
>
> add this php code
> <?php
> phpinfo();
> ?>
>
> http://localhost/test.php
> If that shows you a nice php page then you should be good to go with
> the wordpress installer
>
> Good luck!
> Paul.

	I think I have the test.php in /usr/local/www/data/www
	or whatever.  Thanks for your tips.          This time I may get
	it working :-)

	gary

           Journey Toward the Dawn, E-Book: http://www.thought.org
          The 7.97a release of Jottings: http://jottings.thought.org