WPA Supplicant issue (maybe)

Chris Brennan xaero at xaerolimit.net
Mon Jan 10 02:13:28 UTC 2011

On Sun, Jan 9, 2011 at 9:07 PM, Polytropon <freebsd at edvax.de> wrote:

> On Sun, 9 Jan 2011 20:38:02 -0500, Chris Brennan <xaero at xaerolimit.net>
> wrote:
> > Pardon the n00bishness here, but what is lagg0? Got a link?
>
> THIS! IS! FREEBSD!!! :-)

Better to have asked then to not ask and remain ignorant.

> On FreeBSD, in difference to many "modern" Linusi, you have
> excellent documentation. If you see some interface you don't
> know yet, try
>
>        % apropos lagg
>
> or just right away
>
>        % man lagg
>
> and you'll see that lagg is the "link aggregation and link
> failover interface".
>
> You see that all the documentation is already installed on
> your system, accessible at every time, no need for an
> Internet connection.
>
> FreeBSD's high quality manpages do contain entries for the
> system binaries, kernel interfaces, library functions,
> device drivers, configuration files and many maintenance
> procedures. Some quality ports of everyday average desktop
> software do follow this approach (see "man mplayer",
> "man xmms", "man opera"), but many don't (see = don't
> see "man firefox", "man thunderbird", or almost any KDE
> program, where documentation is traditionally left to
> the users, or left out, or redirected at the web, a
> forum or a wiki, usually outdated). :-)

So I see ... my question is this then ... I've got
http://www.freebsd.org/doc/handbook/network-aggregation.html open as well
and it's using the examples fxp0 and fxp1 ... are these example interfaces
and I would substitute my real, physical devices? That being said ... do I
add the driver created device (bwn0) or do I add wlan0? Or both plus my
wired device? That part isn't all that clear to me.