mysql-5.5.8 & Postfix/Dovecot

Jerry freebsd.user at seibercom.net
Wed Jan 5 11:50:00 UTC 2011

I have seen it posted here and on the Dovecot forum that upgrading to
mysql-5.5.8 on FreeBSD breaks both Postfix and Dovecot. Apparently
reverting to the mysql-client-5.5.7 corrects this problem.

Can any one else confirm this or is this simply an isolated incident?
If this is correct, is there a PR filed against it? I was not able to
locate one. Specifically, I am interested in the interaction on an
FreeBSD-8.2 / amd64 system.

--
Jerry ✌
FreeBSD.user at seibercom.net