Portupgrade status

Matthew Seaman m.seaman at infracaninophile.co.uk
Tue Jan 4 08:32:20 UTC 2011

On 04/01/2011 00:51, illoai at gmail.com wrote:
> No, the -R flag in portmaster tells it to not rebuild
> ports taht have already been built on this run (I
> believe from reading man portmaster).  The -R
> flag in portupgrade rebuilds the ports on which
> the named port depends
> -R
> --upward-recursive     Act on all those packages required by the given
>                             packages as well. (When specified with -F, fetch
>                             recursively, including the brand new, uninstalled
>                             ports that an upgraded port requires)
>
> I don't see any equivalent functionality for portmaster,
> sadly.

This is actually portmaster's default behaviour.  So:

    portupgrade -R foo/bar is equivalent to portmaster foo/bar

    portupgrade -fRr foo/bar is equivalent to portmaster -fr foo/bar

There isn't actually a way to do the equivalent of

    portupgrade foo/bar

-- that is, only update the specifically named port, without updating
any dependencies as well.

	Cheers,

	Matthew

                                                  Flat 3