HAL's demise

Polytropon freebsd at edvax.de
Sat Feb 26 05:27:52 UTC 2011

On Fri, 25 Feb 2011 12:32:48 -0600 (CST), Robert Bonomi <bonomi at mail.r-bonomi.com> wrote:

> > Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2011 07:38:14 -0500
> > From: Jerry <freebsd.user at seibercom.net>
> > Subject: Re: HAL's demise
> >
> > GNOME switched over a year ago, KDE and XFCE finished the transition a
> > couple of months back. Other distros are apparently not even distributing
> > it. What is preventing FBSD from joining the party?
>

> HAL's demise is indefinitely delayed.
>
> Dave Bowman is otherwise occupied.
> And Frank Poole is out of ciruculation.
>

> *GRIN*

On the other hand, I've just talked to R. Chandra
and he assured that SAL is already taking over the
neccessary functionalities, being scheduled for
obsolescence within the next two years. So don't
hesitate to put sal_enable="YES" in /etc/rc.conf.
It will at least coredump in a pleasant voice. :-)

--
Polytropon
Magdeburg, Germany