How can I disable Internet access for programs running in Wine?

Peter Vereshagin peter at vereshagin.org
Sat Feb 26 01:11:34 UTC 2011

Nothing to do oh, freebsd-questions stay in bat!
2011/02/25 01:07:58 -0800 erikmccaskey64 <erikmccaskey64 at zoho.com> => To freebsd :
e> I just can find any solution...

I was sure that ipfw can select packets by process name? at least there are pf and ipf options out there...
You can always use jail(4) in conjunction with the separate IP address, like tap(4) or lo(4) whic can be aliased.
Then you can provide any kind of internet access for your wine-drunk jail environment ;-)
Oh, and... you can use the / as a root for your jail. You need to restrict the access of the application(s) to your internet interface(s) only, right?

73! Peter pgp: A0E26627 (4A42 6841 2871 5EA7 52AB  12F8 0CE1 4AAC A0E2 6627)
--
http://vereshagin.org