FreeBSD 8.1 iSCSI CHAP with header and data digest

Dean E. Weimer dweimer at dweimer.net
Fri Feb 25 06:42:53 UTC 2011

 I am trying to connect my FreeBSD 8.1 system to a FreeNAS server
 hosting an iSCSI drive.  I can successfully connect if I disable header
 and data digests, but can't seem to get a connection using header and
 data digests to succeed.  I know the FreeNAS  side is correct because I
 was able to connect and successfully format the drive and write data to
 it using my Windows 7 PC with CHAP and digests enabled.  Here is my
 FreeBSD iscsi.conf file, do any of you have any idea what I am doing
 wrong?

 webmail# vim /etc/iscsi.conf
 ## Global Config
 InitiatorName=ign.2005-01.il.ac.huji.cs:webmail.dweimer.local;

 ## Targets
 # FreeNAS Backup Drive
 backup {
   TargetName=iqn.2007-09.jp.ne.peach.istgt:backup
   TargetAddress=192.168.1.2
   AuthMethod=CHAP
   chapIName=webmail
   chapSecret=Password1234
 }

 Also when I connect using the iscontrol -c /etc/iscsi.conf -n backup
 command, I can't find a way to disconnect the drive.  I ended up
 rebooting the server to disconnect it so I could go back to testing with
 digests enabled.  Does anyone know how to disconnect an iscsi connection
 once connected without rebooting?

--

 Thanks,
  Dean E. Weimer