openldap not starting

Matthew Seaman m.seaman at infracaninophile.co.uk
Mon Feb 21 06:22:24 UTC 2011

On 21/02/2011 04:16, Tim Dunphy wrote:
> I am building an ldap server on freebsd 8.1.
>
> For some reason if I include the inetorgperson schema in my slapd.conf
> slapd will not start

openldap is like that: if it has a problem with your config, it exits.
The trick is to get it to tell you what the problem is.  Turn up all the
logging to max and hunt for clues in the log files.   You'll get a lot
of log info, pretty much tracing out everything the server does.

	Cheers,

	Matthew

                                                  Flat 3