FreeBSD 8.1 as a Virtualbox Guest OS

Matthew Seaman m.seaman at infracaninophile.co.uk
Wed Feb 9 20:11:40 UTC 2011

On 09/02/2011 18:31, Alfredo Perez wrote:
> But if I am reading correclty, you can run Freebsd as host,
> install virtuabox and then run Mac OS X as guest?

"Can" in an engineering sense -- yes, it's possible.

"Can" in a legal sense -- probably not.  You get a 'right to use' MacOS
X with the hardware you buy.  Even if you run MacOS X in a VM on your
original Mac hardware (which you've re-installed with some other OS),
you'ld be on rather dodgy ground, as the only way to make that work is
to use an illegally hacked version of MacOS X.

	Cheers,

	Matthew

                                                  Flat 3