Follow a port of a specific major verion

Paul Macdonald paul at ifdnrg.com
Tue Feb 8 10:48:13 UTC 2011

On 08/02/2011 10:33, Mikael Bak wrote:
> Hi Paul,
>
> Paul Macdonald wrote:
>> On 07/02/2011 16:44, Mikael Bak wrote:
>>> So my question is: How can I make the ports system act as if I had
>>> installed Postfix like this?:
>>>
>>> cd /usr/ports/mail/postfix27
>>> make install clean
>>>
>>> Is there a way to tell the ports database to "follow" and older version
>>> of Postfix without rebuild the entire port again?
>>>
>> I'm pretty sure you can't do this, *unless* there's someone actually
>> tracking  a seperate port on that version. ( i didn't check but it
>> doesn't sound like it from your post).

Aplogies, i'd misread your question, and there is a seperate branch in
/usr/ports/mail/postfix27,

I'm not sure how you'd fool the ports mgt tools in the way you want,
would it not be easier just to deinstall the port and do a make install
in postfix27?
(others may know a 'better' way)

Paul.
-------------------------