How to count number of connections from nginx workers to php-cgi unix socket?

Igor Prokopenkov cmyk777 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 7 21:30:30 UTC 2011

I need to count number of connections to php's cgi unix socket (created with
spawn-fci). When nginx initiates a connection to cgi socket one of spawned
php processes accepts this connection, processes input and outputs data. But
number of processes is limited and i want to be able to monitor amount of
free processes. I tried all available tools (netstat, sockstat even lsof)
but it seems there is no way to determine how many active connections from
nginx to unix socket. Please advise.

--
Best regards,
Igor Prokopenkov