Scanner recommendation

Gour gour at atmarama.net
Sat Feb 5 09:27:12 UTC 2011

On Sat, 05 Feb 2011 00:53:00 -0800
perryh at pluto.rain.com wrote:

> So perhaps what is needed is for N FreeBSD users to say "I'll buy
> it, if it runs on FreeBSD."  Any guesses on how large an N would
> be needed to provide sufficient motivation?

Heh...when I asked Ed about support for 64-bit version of VueScan,
his reply was that number of Linux users is so low that he is
considering whether to even support the OS.

Fortunately, in the meantime, he added 64bit Linux support, but I'm
not sure what he would say to add FreeBSD support considering general
popularity of Linux vs. BSD. :)

Sincerely,
Gour

--

Gour  | Hlapicina, Croatia  | GPG key: CDBF17CA

Gour  | Hlapicina, Croatia  | GPG key: CDBF17CA