editors/openoffice-org-3.3.0: serious issue with X11

O. Hartmann ohartman at mail.zedat.fu-berlin.de
Fri Feb 4 19:39:15 UTC 2011

On 02/03/11 14:12, Robert Huff wrote:
> Alexandre writes:
>
>>   On Thu, Feb 3, 2011 at 10:14 AM, Pavlo Greenberg<sir_dog at onet.com.ua>wrote:
>>
>>   >  [SNIP]
>>   >  But I'm agree with you, OOo's behavior after the last update is abnormal.
>>
>>   Why not give a try to LibreOffice, that is in ports :
>>   http://www.freshports.org/editors/libreoffice/
>
> 	I switched yesterday, having not known it was available.
> 	It seems to work on all OOo-generated material (as one would
> expect), and build cleanly and (subjectively) somewhat faster than
> OO.  (This is on an 4x3ghz amd64 machine with 8 gb of memory.)
>

> 					Robert Huff

LibreOffice seems not to be that kind of 'replacement' I'd expected.
Trying to start 'spadmin' for setting up printers fails with some
libraries not found - I had to append paths to the right (weird)
lib-path to /etc/ld-elf.so.conf.

Done this, spadmin and sibblings will start but whatever I do have as
printers (CUPS based on all of our systems), I'm incapable of having
these printers for usage listed in LibreOffice! OpenOffice works fine.