CF-Card Install for post FBSD-8.x systems

Thu Feb 3 05:15:26 UTC 2011

Hey guys.

Does anyone know what the new "minimal" install size is?

I remember running across a blurb about FBSD-7 and above  require more
space and supposedly won't fit on less than 512MB or something like that.

What are these specs?

And I feel like I should still be able to product an 8-20MB image for an
embedded firewall/network appliance.

I am attempting to port my firewall and vpn appliance to a CF-Card, or
to the user-loadable flash on this old PIII motherboard which runs this
system.

I am having a bit of a time locating information in reference to this
task, which does not reference 4.x and netbsd.

--
Respectfully,

Martes G Wigglesworth
M. G. Wigglesworth Holdings, LLC