"portmaster --list-origins" question

Scott Bennett bennett at cs.niu.edu
Fri Dec 30 08:05:55 UTC 2011

     On Thu, 29 Dec 2011 11:44:57 +0100 Christer Solskogen
<christer.solskogen at gmail.com> wrote:
>On Thu, Dec 29, 2011 at 5:58 AM, Scott Bennett <bennett at cs.niu.edu> wrote:
>
>> =C2=A0 =C2=A0 Did I misunderstand something about the --list-origins opti=
>on? =C2=A0Or have
>> I run into a bug? =C2=A0Any suggestions of how to proceed would be welcom=
>e.
>
>No, not a bug.
>portmaster --list-origins | wc -l
>58
>pkg_info | wc -l
>     207
>
>list-origins only lists packages that does not have any dependencies.

     Ah, yes.  I now see that I missed the part of the man page that says,
"list directories from /usr/ports for root and leaf ports".  Sigh.  Thanks
much for your direct reply, which I did see when it arrived, but was too
tired at that point to reply to.
     At this point, the process has to be put on hold for the weekend, but
I hope to proceed Monday night.  Thanks again for your response!
     Also, I replied to Victor Sudakov <vas at mpeks.tomsk.su> directly, but
neglected to Cc: this list, for which I apologize to anyone concerned.

                                  Scott Bennett, Comm. ASMELG, CFIAG