very small "workgroup" network

Jeffrey McFadden junkrigsailor at gmail.com
Thu Dec 29 21:28:03 UTC 2011

I feel really inferior to the community here, but I have to ask because I
simply don't know:

What do I need to do to create a small (3 PC-BSD) home network?  I could do
this in no time in Windows, but I don't know how to find, configure, and
enable the files necessary  to make these machines talk to each other and
allow browsing to shared resources.  h The connectivity is in place (each
can access the internet.)

I've Googled considerably and not found instructions.  Just a pointer to
instructions on the web somewhere would be fine.

Blushing and grateful,

Jeff