Installing free bsd

Noel noeldude at gmail.com
Tue Dec 13 00:15:35 UTC 2011

On 12/12/2011 5:05 PM, Jerry McAllister wrote:
 On Mon, Dec 12, 2011 at 04:26:06PM -0600, Daniel Lewis wrote:
>> do direct ftp to disk? And what do you mean by fixate?
> No.  You ftp the file down to the local machine and then use a CD burning
> utility to burn file to the CD.

Daniel,

An ISO file is basically a "snapshot" of a CD (or DVD or BlueRay)
disc.  You need special software to burn the image to a CD.   Do NOT
open the ISO file and copy the contents to a CD; that won't work.

Windows 7 includes the ability to burn an iso; right-click the .iso
file and pick "Burn disc image".

For WinXP/Vista (or if you want a little more control in Win7), you
need an iso burner program.  Here's a free one I've used this in the
past:
http://www.ntfs.com/iso_burner_free.htm

  -- Noel Jones