Problems with keyboard on the loader menu

Patrick Mahan PMahan at adaranet.com
Thu Dec 8 18:05:36 UTC 2011

I have found that I have to do the following on some of our Proliant G5's -

  # cd /
  # echo "-P" > boot.conf

Also, are you using the VGA or the serial console?  We enable both (our serial
consoles are connected to terminal servers for remote access and VGA is used
for the physical access).  Our keyboards are USB.

This is with FreeBSD 8.0 AMD64

Patrick