AHCI driver and static device names

Rob lists at midsummerdream.org
Sat Dec 3 16:11:25 UTC 2011

glabel looks to place a label on the whole disk, but the manpage is
unclear (to me) how the partitions are handled.  If I use glabel to
label a disk "test" and this disk has 4 partitions on it, then how is
each partition accessed?  testp1...testp4 for gpt?

The other option seems to be to use tunefs or a partitioning tool to
label each partition, which is even more ugly imo.

Rob